Pulled Sauerkraut Pork
What happens if you go out and buy some pork ribs because you always wanted to see what you can do with them in a crock pot? Right, you forget that you bought them and find them in the fridge at noon of the expiration date. And have no real clue what to do with them. Well, start by heating up the crock pot and throw in the ribs. Good. Done. Now add some barbeque sauce, because that’s what it’s supposed to be. Now what? Click here
Some emergency web research told me to add some Sauerkraut and some vinegar if you live in North Carolina. Two strikes. Sauerkraut works for Germans and guess where I live. The result? People love it. My wife does. Her coworkers do. You will.
- 1½ pound pork ribs
- 8 ounce can sauerkraut
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbs BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- Fill the crock pot with the pork ribs
- Add the sauerkraut
- Fill up with 1 cup of vinegar. That should almost cover the meat.
- Add the BBQ sauce and the caraway seeds.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- About 4-5 hours in, pull off the bones.
- Pull the meat into pieces and mix with the sauerkraut.